Strawberry Thief Cushion Cover Pattern
Strawberry Thief Cushion Pattern
A beautiful cushion design featuring our own Strawberry Thief bird and needle design, originally inspired by William Morris’ iconic print of the same name. This pattern combines 2.5″ fabric squares and embroidery to create a delightful cushion, resulting in a beautiful statement piece to reflect your love of Liberty and the art of the stitch!
YOU WILL NEED
• 1 x 80pk of 2.5″ charm squares in Liberty Tana Lawn
• 40cm square of linen for stitching background
• 50cm square of linen for cushion backing
• 40cm square of pattern tracing paper or interfacing
• Embroidery floss – we’ve used the following Cottage Garden Threads:
– FULL COLOUR VERSION – 1 skein each of AK16 – Xavier, AK28 – Felix, AK5 – Delilah, AK12 – Prue, AK23 – Avery & AK14 – Marshal
– OUTLINED VERSION – 1 skein each of AK28 – Felix, AK16 – Xavier, AK5 – Delilah, AK14 – Marshal & AK23 – Avery
• Basic sewing machine supplies: sewing machine, thread, scissors
• Embroidery needles & hoop
YOU WILL ALSO NEED
• 50cm Round cushion insert
Pattern includes written + illustrated instructions for making your cushion cover plus a paper template for the embroidery design.
The instructions included are for both embroidery options; full colour and outlined.
If you are looking for a kit for this project, you can find both options here.
+ We tear our Liberty to achieve a line that follows the grain of the fabric - fabric edges may reflect this process.
+ Colour accuracy - When selecting fabrics please be aware that although we have scanned and colour corrected fabric images, every screen shows colours differently. If you are not sure, we recommend purchasing a sample card or minimum cut to ensure the fabric is what you expect. Linen sample cards can be found here. Liberty Solid fabric sample cards can be found here and patterned Liberty Tana Lawn is available in small cuts of 25cm.
|15 × 21 × 1 cm