The Strawberry Thief are running an exciting new Sew Along for our latest pattern – the Liberty Puddles quilt!
Officially starting on 7th April 2022
– but you can join in at any time!
Originally designed with 1 inch Liberty Hexie club members in mind, however anyone who purchases the sew along guide is welcome to Sew Along as well.
ABOUT THE QUILT
The quilt design is a play on vintage Grandmother’s Garden style quilts – splashes of rainbow Liberty fabrics shine against the clever layout of solid colour hexagons, creating an effect of beautiful Liberty puddles that ripple across the quilt!
This is a digital mockup of the double-sized quilt top – as you can see, the beautiful rainbow puddles are created with 1″ Liberty hexagons surrounded by a solid colour Liberty Tana Lawn. Robyn has used the beautiful yellow Liberty Pollen for her version. The sew along guide details supplies and instructions for three quilt sizes – single, double or king.
Ready to jump into puddles with us?
HOW TO PARTICIPATE
The first step is to purchase your sew along guide… this will give you the quilt pattern, plus access to Liberty Puddles HQ (member home page!) on our website when it goes live on the 7th of April. The Liberty Puddles HQ will be a one stop shop for all Sew Along tutorials, tips & tricks, recommended tools and products and more.
Hexie Club members automatically receive 50% off the price of the SAL Guide!
The next step is to choose your quilt size and collect your supplies, then follow the monthly block instructions to participate. We have popped all of our recommended supplies in one easy spot for you – and we have even added a new custom laser cutting option so you can get your solid hexagons cut in the colour of your choice! It can’t get much easier than that.
THE STRAWBERRY THIEF LIBERTY HEXIE CLUB
Join The Strawberry Thief Liberty Hexie Club if you would like an EPP Starter Kit and then a beautiful bundle of scrappy rainbow Liberty Hexies delivered to your doorstep each month, making your Sew-Along journey a breeze!
Remember that you will be able to add any top up paper packs, glue refills, extra thread etc to be shipped for free with your monthly club packages if you need anything extra throughout the sew-along.
Suggested SAL Supplies
NOTE: Robyn suggests choosing a thread colour to match your solid Liberty fabric – she used #2135 Yellow Aurifil 50wt thread to work with Liberty Pollen for her project.
- Liberty Puddles SAL – Starter Pack
- Aurifil Thread 50wt – 2315 Shell – 1300m
- Aurifil Thread 50wt – 2375 Light Antique Blush – 1300m
- Liberty Puddles Sew Along Guide
- 1 inch hexagons – Custom Laser Cut – 180pk
- Embroidery Scissors
- Hexie Club – INTERNATIONAL
- Lap App with optional ironing cover
- Aurifil Thread 50wt – 2375 Light Antique Blush
- Tulip Needles – #10 Milliners Straw Big Eye
- Fabric Glue Pen Refills – 6 Pack
- Fabric Glue Pen Refills – 2 pack
- Fabric Glue Pen
- 7 1/2″ Perfect Scissors™ (Large)
- Jen Kingwell Needles – #10 Milliners
- 1 Inch Hexagon Papers – 260qty
- Bespoke Liberty Needle Minder
- EPP Starter Pack – 1 inch Liberty Hexies
- 1 inch Hexagons – Pale Rainbow
- 1 inch Hexagons – Bold Rainbow
- Pollen (Liberty Solids)
- Aurifil Thread 50wt – 2315 Shell
- Aurifil Thread 50wt – 2135 Yellow
- Hexie Club – Monthly Subscription
Time to make a splash!
Stay on track stitching your blocks each month with helpful tutorials and inspirational posts on The Strawberry Thief website and Instagram – where you can also connect with like-minded stitchers for advice and encouragement.
Use our hashtag #LibertyPuddlesSAL to share your sew along posts and connect with all of our participants.
Right click and save image below to share on your Instagram or Facebook feed to show us all that you are participating… help us to spread the word about this fun Sew along – we really appreciate your support!