YOU WILL NEED
EACH LAVENDER BAG REQUIRES
+ 1 x 4” square of Liberty Tana Lawn
(we’ve used Liberty Tana Lawn in Annabella C, Capel Mint and Pepper 19B)
+ 1 x 4” square of Linen
(we’ve used The Strawberry Thief Linen in Bone #101)
+ 3” rouleau
+ 3 tablespoons rice & lavender mix
+ string to tie your bundle
OR find everything you need in our NEW Lavender Bag Kits!
+ Tape measure, scissors & pins
+ Sewing Machine & supplies
+ Tablespoon measure
ASSEMBLE YOUR LAVENDER BAG
1. Place and pin the rouleau across the corner of the linen, then tack in place 1/8” in from the edge (a).
2. Place the Liberty Tana Lawn square face down on top of linen and rouleau and pin in place.
3. Stitch around the perimeter using a ¼ inch seam, leaving a 3cm opening on one side (b).
4. Snip diagonally across corners being careful not to cut through stitching (c).
5. Turn right side out, pushing the corners out using a knitting needle or skewer and iron flat.
6. Using a lock stitch at the beginning and end, top stitch ¼ inch in from the edge around the perimeter. Be sure to leave the 3cm opening for filling (d).
7. Using a funnel, fill your lavender bag with the lavender and rice mix.
8. Line up the fabrics and pin the opening closed. Then complete the top stitch to seal the opening using a lock stitch at the beginning and end (e).
Your lavender bag is complete! Repeat the steps for your second and third lavender bags. If giving as a gift, you can tie them in a bundle with string (f).
LIBERTY + LINEN LAVENDER BAG KITS
We’ve created a lovely kit with everything you need to create a bundle of three lavender bags!
Available in five beautifully curated kits featuring Liberty Fabrics.