Thank you to everyone who has joined us for the New England Motel sew along with Brimfield Awakening!!
We thought you might like to see how we are cutting our pieces to make the most of our fabric.
Each block requires two of each of the templates – A, B and C.
So, for each block you will need:
- 6 x piece 1 – 2.5″ x 6.5″
- 6 x piece 2 – 2″ x 7.5″
- 6 x piece 3 – 2″ x 4.5″
- 6 x piece 4 – 2″ x 9″
- 6 x piece 5 – 2.5″ x 3″
- 2 x piece 6A – cut 9″ x 5″, then cut diagonal to make two triangles
- 2 x piece 6B – cut 9″ x 5″, then cut opposite diagonal to create two mirror triangles
We are using 25cm cuts of Liberty Tana Lawn to cut our pieces. Here’s an overview of how we positioned our pieces using 25cm cuts of fabric.
Using 25cm cuts of Liberty Tana Lawn
The number of 25cm strips you will need will depend on the size of your finished quilt:
- Piece 1 – A 25cm strip will give you 24 x piece 1, so enough for 4 blocks.
- Pieces 2-5 – A 25cm strip will give you enough for one full block (plus a few spares!) – so you can alternate these rows throughout your quilt!
- Pieces 6A & 6B – A 25cm strip will give you 10 each of 6A & 6B, so enough for 5 blocks.
Here’s a little peek at how Robyn’s quilt is coming along!
We can’t wait to see your creations!!
Head to our instagram page for all the details on entering the prize draw!! Be sure to follow @the_strawberry_thief and @brimfieldawakening for updates and include the following hashtags in your posts #NewEnglandMotelSALau #brimfieldawakening #thestrawberrythief #aurifilthreadsaustralia